Oral and poster abstracts are invited for the 17th World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology Congress being held from the 6-9 September 2019 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia.
Abstract submissions is now open and will close online on Friday 1 March 2019.
Abstracts are invited for the following sessions to be covered in the program:
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Musculoskeletal (MSK)
- Point of Care Ultrasound (PoCUS)
- Professional Practices
Abstracts will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee and submitters will receive a notification regarding the outcome of their submission by the end of April 2019.
- Whilst you can come back to your submission/s at any time (before the submission deadline ends), once you are finished with entering all details, please ensure you proceed all the way to the end to COMPLETE your submission. Otherwise your abstract will not be reviewed.
- Amendments can be made to your abstract until the submission deadline. Simply log into your Currinda profile, select the abstract to amend and navigate through the top tabs to the sections you wish to change.
- An automatic acknowledgement email will be sent once your abstract submission is complete.
- Please note that the title must not be written in all caps, but in sentence case only.
- Abstracts must:
- Be typed straight into the text field in Currinda. It is recommended that authors have this text ready to copy and paste (ensuring that no formatting carries across)
- Not exceed 400 words, excluding the title, authors and institutions
- Sub-headings, e.g. Introduction, Method, Results, etc., may be included if required
- Show one presenting author only by ticking the appropriate box
- Include the first name, surname and affiliation (institution) of all authors separately
- Include superscript numbers for any references listed
- Have a title that is less than 20 words. The title should be brief and explicit
- Use abbreviations only for common terms. For uncommon terms, the abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word
- Nominate the abstract for either an oral or poster presentation. Authors will be asked to nominate if a poster is to be offered in the case that an oral presentation position is not available. Only one option will be offered by the Scientific Committee per abstract.
Please note that the submitting author (if different to the presenting author!) will be the one linked to the abstract and will receive all relevant information via email. It is the submitting author’s exclusive responsibility to ensure that all emails to do with the abstract are passed on to the presenting author, and any other relevant parties.
Information for the contributors to the Scientific Program
- All papers and posters require an abstract
- Presentations will have electronic PowerPoint support
- A 50 to 100 word curriculum vitae (CV) is required from each presenter to facilitate the chair’s introduction and to display on the Congress app
- A headshot will be required from each presentation to display on the Congress app
- The timing (presentation and discussion) of all papers is to be set at the discretion of the Convenor of each symposium. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors
Information for the contributors to the Poster Program
Posters will be displayed using a digital poster system throughout the meeting. Details on uploading posters will be distributed after authors have been notified of the outcome of their abstract.
Design of posters
- Keep it simple! Keep it clear!
- Inform and interest the viewer
- Use short titles and captions
- Single 16:9 PowerPoint slide.
- Good contrast
- Sharp focus
- A scale to indicate size
- Clear caption set horizontally.