To support education and research in developing nations, ASUM Outreach is supporting 5 travel grants for those looking to participate in the World Congress of Ultrasound. WFUMB2019 will be held in Melbourne 6-9 September 2019.
The travel scholarship will support 5 individuals, to the value of AUD$2000, to participate in WFUMB2019, who meet eligibility and qualifying criteria as set out below.
- Holds a qualification in ultrasound or is currently engaged in ultrasound imaging
- Has been in practice for three years or more as a specialist, sonographer or trainee
- Developing nations as specified on the www.wfumb2019.org website registration page
- Spends 50% of working time in a medical school, teaching hospital or government agency
- Can communicate fluently in English
- Can present an oral communication or poster of your submitted abstract if accepted
- Available to attend the scientific programme of the Congress (6-9 September 2019)
- Eligible for a visa to Australia
- A letter of recommendation in English from the Director of your department or institution. The letter must confirm that each of the eligibility criteria has been met and you are supported to attend
- A written statement from the applicant in English explaining why you are applying and the potential benefits for you if you attend
- An abstract must be submitted on or before the deadline date of 1 March 2019 for consideration in the program and accepted for presentation
Administration of the grant
- ASUM will manage the administration of the grant for the successful applicant.
- The applicant may choose how to book the applicant economy return air travel and travel insurance from the applicant’s country. Payment will be made following abstract approval, formal grant approval, and submission of all necessary receipts, to the maximum value of AUD$2000
- The application of the travel visa to Australia, if required, is the responsibility of the applicant. ASUM will issue the applicant with a visa invitation letter to facilitate this process (if required)
How to apply
- When you submit your abstract you will be able to apply for the travel grant and upload the required documents
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you only need to upload the documents once
- Please ensure the application is added to the documentation for your abstract as one single pdf